All along the dwatch tower: A DTrace tool for the masses
I would like to present a new utility called dwatch that I added to FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT.
Using dwatch, in this talk you will learn how to:
- Watch processes entering system CPU scheduler
- Print arguments being passed to functions
- Easily watch multiple probes simultaneously
- Globally watch all function traversal from every process/thread
- Filter output by user or group, including the ability to use regex
- Watch jail activity
- Use patterns or regular expressions to match on executable name(s), pid, etc.
- Look for a particular path being created, removed, accessed, etc.
- Watch interprocess communication signaling
- Log network data events
- Schedule timed samplings for events of interest
- Dump process trees for processes triggering a probe
- Watch child processes
- Show commands being executed in realtime
- Write modules to centralize logic into easy-to-access profiles
- Share modules with each other and help your community
With dwatch, using DTrace has never been so fun and painless.
FreeBSD Differential: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10006